Friday 13 November 2009

Tit action!

Sticking with the Tiptree Heath theme, I researched for common bird species on the Friends Of Tiptree Heath website and came up with the Blue Tit.
I started the model with a Standard Primitive Sphere with enough segments to allow me to add detail later on in the modelling process.

Moving up Loops of Edges created the rough head shape.


I wanted to capture the alert hunting expression of my source photo so here, I've recessed the eye sockets, bought out the eyebrows and extruded a beak to give a similar expression.


Small black Spheres are added for the eyes. Colour changed to something a little more realistic.


Throughout the process I wanted to refer to the source photo. This was made easier by creating a Plane and dropping on a Jpeg Image using the Material Editor.
In this render I've massaged the body into a more realistic shape and added a the wings from sculptured Spheres.


I'm pretty pleased with how the model's going, I'm loving his nasty expression, Grrrrr ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment